I am sure the people in the other fitting rooms wondered what I was up to when they heard the snap of my camera, but as a scrapbooker we can't worry about what others think when we are engaged in some guerrilla tactics to get the perfect shot. Today I wanted to share with you a layout I did using some Buzz and Bloom chipboard and the corduroy sheets to make a custom made flower.
You can see here that I have added a custom made flower from a sheet of COR Patchwork Dotti - Avocado. I am not one to add a lot of product or embellishments to my pages so I like to custom make mine whenever possible, and I love to add fabric to my layouts to give them a warm homespun feel.
1. Cut two equal sized circles from the fabric. The larger the circle, the larger the flower will be. My circles were approximately 2 inches in diameter. I simply traced a roll of gaffer tape with a pen onto the fabric. Sharp scissors cut through the fabric easily. For a fuller flower, cut more circles.
2. Lay one circle on top of the other and fold in half, then fold the half circle in half again.
3. Using your sharp scissors, start cutting strips starting at the rounded edge towards the point but not all the way to the point.
4. While the circles are still folded, staple the pointed end. This will keep the two circles together once you unfold them and will add a little bit of dimension once adhered to the page.
5. Unfold the circles and add a center to your flower. I stitched a button to the center, but other items to add might include adhesive backed pearls, a rhinestone, a bow tied with ribbon, etc.
The flower will be imperfect and frayed but that is the point; it is custom made and the fabric adds a homespun feel.
Last thing to add was my title. You already know how much I love the Buzz and Bloom chipboard alphabets. Here I sprayed the CB Vette - lowercase alphas with grey metallic Maya Mist and then topped them with Glossy Accents.
Thanks for letting me share and I hope to see you cutting up some of those denim and corduroy sheets to make your own embellishments.