How do I get from a blank page to a completed scrapbook page?
Sometimes I get inspired by a photo or by a layout in a gallery. Other times, I might just find inspiration in a product or a technique...
My usual scrapbooking work flow goes like this:
* Pick out a photo: I usually prefer single picture layouts
* Pull out matching cardstock and / or patterned papers, depending on preference & colour ideas
* Find the best place for the photo
Here I chose a picture of my sister with a simple black cardstock...
* Find the matching embellishments & decorate them. Same for the title.
I like these CB Buttons a lot & I easily covered them with some decorative masking tape & paint all around to finish the edges. I chose the CB That 70s Alphabet for the title and just painted it in silver.
* Prepare the background before adhering the title and embellies...
With the same masking tapes and some acrylic paint I created a border where I'll place the decorated buttons. After that I stitched a double frame with my sewing machine around the picture...
* Last step: watch it over and over until it seems fine! :)
What's your scrapbooking process??