I'm not sure about you, but for me, sometimes in the process of creating, a piece of work does not quite turn out the way I had originally envisage it to be. See the brown crochet flower in the photo?
That started originally as a beanie but as it would have it, decided that it looked better of as a flower. =) Instead of believing that the product of my time and effort belongs to the bin, I decided to team it with a crochet yellow flower, DEN Up the Garden Path Multi - Emerald and COR Borderline: Heart Throb - Black to create a flower brooch.
To create the centre of this brooch using Borderline, all I did was to run a loose stitch through the entire length of the border before tugging at my sewing thread to scrunch up COR Borderline: Heart Throb - Black. The end result is a beautiful flower, which served as the base to rest the bloom I cut off DEN Up the Garden Path Multi - Emerald. A simple rhinestone was sewn right the heart of the brooch to give this creation a little sparkle. Attach a brooch clip to the back and taadah! My very own flower brooch, created from a project that found a new direction!
So I hope you see new hope in projects that might seem to be heading in a different direction from your original intent. You never know what you might really end up with! Have fun!